So, if you’ve gotten this far, you really like nursing. A lot. Enough to stay home and study diarrhea while all your friends are out having fun.
You stuck in there when it was tough. Worse than tough. Like did you ever get a test and… just laugh? Silently mouth “WTF” to a friend in lecture? Well, it’s the end of the final semester.
Now, how to learn about actual grown up nurse stuff? Beats me, I just got here.
Here’s a few blogs, books, articles, and podcasts that may be helpful, or at least entertaining
- Resus Nurse ER Podcast
- Nurse Blake Super fun Nursing humor
- John Hopkins Nursing Article “Our Ethical Obligation to Social Justice“
- A Thousand Naked Strangers Action packed EMT stories!
- Who doesn’t love Nurse Sarah?
- a comprehensive list of professional Nursing Organizations
- Minority Nurse has a ton of great opportunities and info
- Podcast about life as a new nurse FreshRN
- ANA has a neat site Nursing World
- Worldwide nursing news with International Council of Nurses
“Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.”
– Dag Hammarskjold, diplomat